Sunday, June 2, 2013


Hey all!

I know it's been a little while since I last posted anything. Between the busy work schedule, finals for school, and shooting whenever I can...it has been a busy last few months to say the least. My last few sessions have been so much fun and I have experienced so much more as a photographer. I had the honor of shooting the Reyes family for their twins first birthday. Landon and Mikayla were turning the big O-N-E, so Mommy and Daddy wanted a few photos for such a big moment in their little ones lives. I was excited to be taking their photos for such a BIG day!


 
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T4i
Lens: Canon EF50mm 1:1.8
Flash: None

 
This session was defiantly a learning experience for me. I LOVE kids, but you have to have a lot of patience. Even though you have the parents to help you out and you are focused mainly on holding your camera and snapping some great shots, you have to make sure the kids are HAPPY. If the little ones are scared or uncomfortable it is difficult to get those cute and happy "one of a kind photos". It is so important to let the children get to know you first. I recommend sitting and playing with them for a few minutes. Ask the parents what the children like and what makes them laugh. I got to know Landon and Mikayla with just sitting with them for a few minutes. Dad told me Landon likes to answer the telephone. If you pretend to answer the telephone and say "hello", he will do the same thing!
 
This session was a success! I can't wait till the next Landon and Mikayla session!



No comments:

Post a Comment